Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cool in School

BRRRRRRRRR!!! So it was 30 below without the windchill last night so I bet it was around 50 degrees below zero. It's been freezing here! Gotta love North Dakota! So since the beginning of the school year, there has been freezing air blowing into the OT lab. It's less than 50 degrees in there. Lol, we wear plenty of layers. Today I was sporting the sweatpants with tights underneath, along with a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and Northface vest. I was still a little cold with all that! Last night we had Assistive Tech and talked about the PECS system for teaching kids how to communicate. It works best with autistic children. It was really neat watching videos with children that have worked with it. There were also a lot of fun communication devices for kids with low vision or hearing along with developmental disorders. Today we did some excitatory & inhibitory exercises to use on clients. A lot of it was review, but it's nice to get some extra practice in, and to get it done to you. Anyway, I have to get going to youth group (Andy's getting a little inpatient) (:o). Afterwards I have to finish my part of the Slagle House project, and read the rest of the chapter for my small group girls. They're highschoolers that I help out with at church and we're reading Captivating together. Every Thursday morning we get together to eat breakfast and talk about it before school. These girls are amazing!!! Don't know what I'd ever do without them in my weeks! Goodnight!

3 comments:

favorite auntie :) said...

Hi Kara - I found your blog while looking at baby Gill's blog -isn't he or she a cute little bugger!! I miss you and have been thinking of you - hang in there - this tundra type weather is almost over AND the good news is there is only 3 1/2 months left of this school year!!!

All about Baby Gill said...

I dont know how to get people connected... let me know if you figure it out, because I'd totally link you in mine ;) I'll keep looking though and figure it out (I should be working)

All about Baby Gill said...

I GOT IT!
Okay, you go to edit or whatever, and then click add page element and then click the links one and you'd just type in my name, link, ect.