Monday, March 9, 2009

Wonder


Right now, I'm just a little ball of wonder.


I have less than two weeks left of my last fieldwork. It's been going well, but a lot of days leave me wondering. Like how I am doing, how I can improve, how I am being perceived, and how to make things different the next day. I have gotten to work w/ a variety of diagnoses, but mostly physical issues. I want to observe in a few more areas like psych (all ages), group homes, and a little more school system, preferably on the reservation since it's run a little differently for OTs....but I'll need to do that on my own.


After that, I need to study and get ready to take my boards. Results this year haven't been as positive as previous years so I wonder if I'll pass. I want to prepare as much as possible before I take it, I'm not a great test taker so that'll be a ton of fun. :)


Then is off to find a job or jobs. For this, I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll do. I'm planning on giving it to God and letting Him figure things out for me, but I still wonder what it'll entail. PRN? Part-time? Full-time? Here? Traveling? Moving?


I often wonder what it would be like to be some of my patients and their families. I can't imagine their wonder and worries. It's crazy how much their worlds are totally rocked and how much they'll have to readjust. Lives are changed forever, by things that could and could not be prevented. It definitely makes me want to live as healthy as a life as I am able.


I also wonder what is in store for my family, friends, and others in my life. There are so many paths in life that take us different directions, and so many things can happen. Opportunities, tragedies, joys, sorrows, challenges, and successes. Ups and downs that mold us into who we are. I am curious what will be in store for me and so many people eternally. So many things to think about.
And I wonder what will happen with the peoples' lives that we've met in other countries. What's in store for them and if they will be given chances and opportunities in life that they deserve. I know many of them won't get the chance and it's such a bummer. It would be so cool to get to see people again in the future that we've met during these experiences.
I wonder when all of this will stop whirling in my mind? :0)
**The truth is rarely true and never simple.**
~Oscar Wilde~

5 comments:

Buckeyebrit said...

Hi Kara, have you thought about a submitting a post to the blog carnival? http://occupationaltherapycarnival.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

Hi Kara. My name is Kimberly and I'm an aspiring OT. I am currently applying to an OT program here in Chicago. I've read your blog and noticed that you are a Christian. This is very inspiring to me. Thank you for posting this blog. Keep up the good work. I wish you the best.

--Kimberly

Rinto said...

hi there....Nice blog..Greeting from Indonesian Occupational Therapy

Richard said...

Hello!

I wasn't able to locate your email so I am leaving you a comment. Given the ever growing need for Occupational Therapists, I put together an article with a list of financial aid options for those hoping to enter the field. If you wouldn’t mind, could you share my article with your readers?

Here's the post:

http://blog.onlinecollegeguru.com/health-care/financial-aid-for-occupational-therapists/

Many thanks!
Richard

kara said...

:) an update from this post.....
I did pass my test the first time, and was lucky enough to find local 2 OT positions to work at!!!

Sorry about not responding to your comments, I enabled my email so you are always welcome to do that!
Buckeyebrit...looks like you haven't been on here almost as long as me! :) are you still planning to keep it going?
Kimberly & Rinto--do you have blogs now?
Richard--I'll check out the article & post it if possible. Any aid for those that have already graduated? :)