Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quote

Here's a fun quote I saw in a movie last night. Thought I should share:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~Marianne Williamson

I wonder what it would be like if everyone pursued their dreams and ideas and gifts that God has given them with every fiber of their being? The world would be so different. I find myself falling back into patterns of laziness or content much too easily and I'm not sure why? Maybe because it is comfortable and doesn't take much work? I have so many dreams and passions in my life, but I find myself not pursuing them with all I have. I always get to thinking, "Yeah, I could spend time on this and this and that, but then have no time to do anything else," or "I'd love to do that if I wasn't working at this job or as much, etc." Lame. I'm playing small and not letting my light fully shine. Hopefully it is at least glowing and I'm at least giving some of my potential. But that's not good enough, I need to radiate! I hope and pray that 2010 brings many changes, both big and small. That I am able to change my typical pattern of contentment and start becoming more bold and unafraid of what challenges I may face along the way. People are in need. And I want to give.

So look at your life. "Who are you not to be? You are a child of God. "

1 comment:

lauratheot said...

I love this! Thank you for putting it up!