Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hand Made Gifts 2011

So this year I wanted to make some hand-made gifts for Christmas, so I gave it a whirl. I only got a few things done, and they weren't the greatest thing I've ever seen, but I thought they were fun! :)


My sisters got guitars for their birthdays, which is super close to Christmas. While we were at the hubby's family's for Christmas, I saw that his brother had made guitar pics for himself out of old gift and credit cards. They're like the perfect thickness for pics!! Here's what they looked like:

The next gift I made was one I found first on Pinterest. I don't have a sewing machine yet so these were a sew free project I could do on my own. My mom makes incredible wool mittens and has a lot of extra wool sweaters at home. I took a few the last time I was there and made these coffee cozies to go over Starbucks or Caribou cups. They aren't the best, but a good start for the creative juices. 

   
The last is a bunch of magnets that I made for family and friends. I found the idea on a list of gifts to make for others online. There were a lot more options than you see here and I have a lot of leftover materials to make more. They're fun to use for home, work, wherever. I wish I had a magnet board in my car to use them there too. :)

So, like I said.....they aren't anything extra fantastic, but it was a lot of fun. Hopefully it's just the start to my homemade gifting. We'll see! Hope you enjoyed your holidays as well.

No comments: