Friday, January 20, 2012

Yummy Recipes!!

So, I know this isn't a cooking blog, but it's also not just strictly and OT blog. :) I often get stuck in a recipe rut and we get totally bored with the meals we make, so I've been doing some crazy collecting on Pinterest. I could keep collecting for hours and hours, but have finally gathered enough ingredients to make some of them!

So, I'll just tell you about them because they were both fantastic! First off, I made Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls. The pic was borrowed from the Annie's Eats page. Check it out, it's fabulous. I wanted a little more pizzaz to the mix, so I also added cilantro, lime juice, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. I think diced tomatoes would be incredible, but wasn't sure if it'd be too runny and opted for sun-dried. We dipped them in corn and black bean salsa. Soooo good! Had them for some great lunch leftovers, luckily there is a stove there so I can heat it up and make sure they get a little extra crisp.


Tonight, I made Thai Chicken Thin Crust Pizza. (Picture from their site). I found this recipe along with other greats on the Flatout bread website. I've looked in three stores for the Flatout Flatbread, and didn't think the flat buns would be enough. So, I found a really random substitute at Trader Joe's ::: Naan. :) Not sure if my Indian friends would approve or laugh at me, but it actually worked well! We loaded them with extra ingredients and loved the taste of the peanut sauce/cilantro/sprouts/carrots combo. It could use one more thing, but we couldn't put our finger on it.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. They were just too good not to share! Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

both of those look so good! must add them to my list of recipes to try out!!